- In This Section
- Animal Services
- Board of Commissioners
- Burke Transit
- Census - Complete Count Committee
- Clerk of Superior, State, and Juvenile Court
- Coroner's Office
- Development Authority of Burke County
- Elections and Registration
- Facility Maintenance
- Juvenile Court
- Magistrate Court
- Planning Commission
- Probate Court
- Roads and Bridges
- Sheriff's Office
- Solicitor General's Office
- Solid Waste
- State Court
- Tax Assessor
- Tax Commissioner
- Superior Court
We have the following opportunities to do business with Burke County:
Airport Tree Removal
The Burke County Board of Commissioners will receive sealed bids for the Airport Tree Removal Project located at the Burke County Airport, Waynesboro, Georgia. Bids will be received by the OwneratBurke County Board of Commissioners Officeat602 Liberty Street,Waynesboro,Georgia 30830, until Tuesday, February 14, 2023, at 5:00 pm EDT. All received proposals will be publicly opened and read aloud at said office during the Burke County Board of Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, February 14, 2023, at 6:00 pm EDT.
Bids must be submitted on the complete project and must be enclosed in a sealed envelope, addressed to:BURKE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERSAttn: Merv Waldrop, County MangerBurke County Board of Commissioners Office602 Liberty StreetWaynesboro,Georgia 30380
Outside of the envelope must be marked "BID ENCLOSED: AIRPORT TREE REMOVAL".Envelopemustalso bear, on the outside, the name of the bidder, bidder's address, and bidder’s contractor license number. All bids must be made on bids forms provided in the Project Manual. Proposals submitted without the prescribed information may be rejected.
SCOPE OF WORK
This project generally includes the removal of 58 trees at Burke County Airport including removal of stumps with minimal ground disturbance (stump grinding) and disposal trunks, chips and debris. 36 trees are located on the east side of the airport (closest to Highway 25) and will require tree removal adjacent to existing structures (including homes) so extra caution will be required. Contractor should have experience in tree removal adjacent to residential structures. The County requires $1 and appropriate insurance coverage for any resultant damage. The remaining trees are located on the airport west end and are not located next to any structures; however, those trees are located in a wetland area and will require that the trees be cut down close to grade and trunks/trimming be hand carried out of the wetland for disposal. Contractor shall be responsible for the removal and disposal of all associated debris.
ACCESS TO THE BID DOCUMENTS
To obtain access to the Bidding and Contract Documents (Project Manual), prospective bidders should contact Tim Fredlund, P.E. – MaesAwyr Engineer/Project Manager at 770-530-4121 or at email@example.com.
Neither the Owner nor Engineer will be responsible for full or partial sets of Bidding Documents, including Addenda if any, obtained from other sources.
Copies of Bidding and Contract Documents may be examined at the Office of the Owner by appointment:BURKE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS602 Liberty StreetWaynesboro,Georgia 30830 Merv Waldrop, County Manager706.firstname.lastname@example.org
An optional site visit and pre-bid conference will be conducted on Monday, February 6, 2023 at 2:00 PM EDT at the airport terminal building (475 Airport Road, Waynesboro, Georgia 30830).
Attendance by prospective bidders at the pre-bid event is strongly encouraged for the clarification of questions or verification of scope of tree removal. The purpose of the conference is to highlight the Project, explain pertinent FAA regulations as required, as well as the Owner’s safety, security, and procurement processes.
The successful bidder shall commence work with adequate force and equipment on a date which is to be specified by a written order of the Engineer. The Successful Bidder shall complete the project within 14 consecutive calendar days from the date mentioned above.
Written questions will be accepted via email until Thursday, February 9, 2023, at 5:00 pm EDT. Address questions to the Office of the Engineer:Tim Fredlund, P.E., Project ManagerMaesAwyr, LLCEmail: email@example.com
Burke County Board of Commissioners reserves the right with or without notice or cause to accept any bid regardless of the amount thereof; to reject any bid, any number of bids or all bids; to negotiate with any bidder for a reduction or alteration in its bid; to waive or insist upon formal requirements; to reject all bids and to call for additional bids upon the same or different invitation to bid, Plans and Specifications; to be the sole judge, in its discretion, of all questions as to whether or not a bid complies with the Contract Documents.
Burke County Board of Commissioners in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 US. C.§§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49 Transportation, Chapter A. Office of the Secretary of Transportation, Part 21. Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs of the Department of Transportation hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Request for Sealed Bids - Two (2 each) Dell PowerEdge R740
Notice is hereby given that the Burke County Board of Commissioners will be accepting bid proposals for two Dell PowerEdge R740 rackmount servers and labor for setup and implementation. In your sealed bid proposal, please include a quote for two Dell PowerEdge R740 rackmount servers with the following specifications:
- 2 Physical CPUs (Intel Xeon Gold 6242 2.8Ghz 16C)
- 192GB Memory (6 - 32GB RDIMMs)
- Two 128GB SSD HD with Raid 1
- (2) Intel X550 Dual Port 10GbE Base-T Adapter, PCIe Low Profile
- Dual, Hot-Plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W
- Ready Rails Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm
- 3 Years ProSupport, Next Day Support
Bids must be delivered by February 14, 2023 at 3:00P.M. to:Merv Waldrop Burke County Board of Commissioners Office602 Liberty StreetWaynesboro, GA 30830
Bids received after this date and time will not be accepted and will be returned unopened to the sender. Bids must be prepared and submitted using the bid forms provided and must be typed or printed and then signed in ink. All bids received by the deadline date and time shall be reviewed by the Burke County Board of Commissioners and have the right to reject any and/or all bids at their sole discretion.
For any questions regarding this request, please contact Beau Beauman by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please put: PowerEdge R740. Please do not send any bids to this e-mail address.
Request for Proposals - Dispatch Avtec Console Systems
Burke County's 911 Communications Center answers 911 calls and dispatches for Burke County Emergency Services agencies. Burke County covers an area of 835 square miles. The center has four fully operational dispatch positions and provides services to one Sheriff's Office, three Police Departments, two Fire Departments and one EMA/EMS Department with six other support services departments.
Currently, the PSAP has antiquated Zetron consoles, and we are seeking proposals for Avtec Scout EX console systems to replace our outdated dispatch consoles. Headset arbitration is of importance to update our call processing and radio communication functionality simultaneously to radio foot pedal switch capabilities. We will need to maintain two tone paging via VHF/UHF and connectivity with a Southern Linc radio and the state hear channel.
Console Position Hardware/Software:
4 - Avtec Scout EX Console
1- Avtec Scout Mobile Console Package w/laptop
4 - Avtec Scout Console Packages
4 - Full Touchscreen 22" Monitors
4 - Footswitch Pedals
8 - Avtec Jackboxes (2 per Console)
4 - Avtec Desk Mics
4 - Dual Speaker Packages
12 - Complete NENA Compliant Headset sets
8 - NENA Compliant Headsets
4 - USB Hubs
1 - Charging Bank for R7 Portables
9 - Motorolla R7 Enabled Portables (2 of the 9 will be VHF)
12 - Motorolla Spare Batteries
9 - Motorolla 5500 Enabled Mobiles (2 of the 9 will be VHF)
Gateways and Endpoint Hardware/Software:
Server - Including monitor, keyboard and mouse
24 port Ethernet Switch
Server Rack Package - Including output port rack, mount, power supply and cabling
Relay Rack 4 Post
Vendor shall provide a recommendation of spare parts that should be maintained on-site.
Repair/Maintenance and Warranty
Twenty-four hour technical and maintenance support must be available with a response time, on-site, of not more than 90 minutes for major failures. This support shall be available to Burke County E911 twenty-four seven three hundred sixty-five days.
System Warranty and System Maintenance periods for all hardware, software and on-site maintenance shall begin upon final acceptance of the entire system and shall run concurrently for a period of 12 months. If multiple maintenance and support level options are available, please price them separately. In addition, include Scout Care optional pricing for years two through five.
Training on all system functionality, capabilities, features and customization must be provided to dispatchers and administrators. Train-the-trainer by an experienced instructor is permissible and completed prior to initial installation.
Cut-over should be designed in a stage cut-over to ensure that radio communication operations remain with the greatest degree of reliability. In the event of a major failure which means the system is completely unusable or significantly reduces system operability, we have redundant options to continue operating effectively are in place.
Due to the antiquated current consoles, it is highly recommended that you request an on-site visit to familiarize yourself with current equipment, connectivity and ensure that proper specs are proposed. To schedule an on-site visit, please contact Director Silas via email at email@example.com.
Burke County reserves the right to reject any and or all proposals.
The Burke County Board of Commissioners is accepting proposals. All proposals must be sealed identified as Burke County 911 on the envelope. Proposals must be received by the County Commissioners Office by 5:00P.M. on Tuesday, February 14, 2023. Proposals will be opened at the Commission Meeting to be held on Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 6:00P.M. Proposals can be delivered in person to the Board of Commissioners Office at 602 Liberty Street, Waynesboro, GA 30830 or by mail to PO Box 89, Waynesboro, GA 30830.
Request for Sealed Bids - Steel Framed Dugouts
The Burke County Board of Commissioners is accepting bids for the turn-key installation of (16) steel framed Burke County Recreation Department Dugouts. (465 Perimeter Rd. Waynesboro)
SCOPE: (Contractor is responsible for the following)
- Field verify dimensions to allow for dugout construction to fit within the existing perimeter fencing (existing dugout slabs are approximately 10' x 20')
- Fabricate and install the tube columns, beams, base plates and all other necessary steel members.
- Drill 4 each anchor bolts into existing concrete slabs at each column (6 columns per dugout) and epoxy.
- Grout the underside of each column base plate.
- All exposed steel columns, beams and base plates to be installed with a painted finish (paint colors to be approved at a later date)
- Install 26 gauge metal roofing with finish to match the concession stand metal roofing.
Bids are to be submitted to the Board of Commissioners Office in a sealed envelope no later than 5:00P.M. Tuesday, February 14, 2023. Bids will be opened in the Commissioners Meeting that evening and a decision will be made the following day. Board of Commissioners Office Address: 602 N Liberty Street, Waynesboro, GA 30830.
Please include copies of your Company's W9, General Liability and Worker's Comp Insurance. All questions and inquiries on this project should be submitted to the following contact:Josh DaileyFacilities DirectorBurke County Board of Commissionersj.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any and or all bids.
Request for Sealed Bids - 1 - LUCAS 3, v3.1
This is an invitation to bid on 1 - LUCAS 3, v3.1 in a hard shell case with the following accessories:
LUCAS Desk-Top Battery Charger
LUCAS External Power Supply
LUCAS 3 Battery - Dark Grey - Rechargable LiPo
Please mail or deliver bids no later than January 27th, 2023 at 4:00P.M. to:Burke County Board of CommissionersAttn: Merv WaldropPO Box 89Waynesboro, GA 30830
Make sure Burke County EMA LUCAS Device Bid is clearly visible on the outside of the mailer. For any questions, please contact Chief Mathews via email at email@example.com. In the subject line, please put LUCAS Bid.
Burke County reserves the right to reject any and or all bids.
PROPOSAL AND QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
PROFESSIONAL ROAD & BRIDGE ENGINEERING
AND PLANNING SERVICES FOR THE
BURKE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
The Burke County Board of Commissioners is requesting Statement of Qualifications from interested and qualified Road & Bridge Consultants for planning, engineering and construction management services. The work may include, but is not limited to, land acquisition, bridge replacement/rehabilitation, road construction, intersection improvements and other miscellaneous planning, engineering, and road & bridge projects for the Burke County Road Department.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal is to obtain expert professional, technical, and advisory services at the discretion of the Burke County Board of Commissioners for anticipated planning and development projects the Burke County Road & Bridge Department over the next several years.
For these projects, the engineer shall be qualified and capable to provide the following services:
1. Road & Bridge planning, environmental analysis, land acquisition, preliminary design, final design, estimating, bidding, and construction administration.
2. Assist in preparation of funding grant applications for the Georgia Department of Transportation Programs (GDOT) and/or the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and develop justification to document the need for federal and state funds.
3. Tasks also will include support for meetings with Federal and State agencies, State and Federal elected officials and their staff, and others as needed. Projects may include help to develop justification to document the need for Federal or State funds.
4. Provide technical assistance and advice for activities identified above and/or any road and bridge related subjects.
To facilitate review of your proposal document by the Burke County Board of Commissioners, it is requested that your proposal conform to the following format:
1. Coversheet: List project title (Road & Bridge Engineering and Planning Services); the name of your firm; and the name, address and telephone number of a contact person for questions concerning the submitted proposal.
2. Experience of the Firm: Provide a narrative of your firm’s prior experience and qualifications in road & bridge engineering and construction work for similar projects. Provide a list of similar counties involving federal and state funding completed within the last three (3) years. Also, please reference the experience of firm personnel in working with FHWA and GDOT regulations and procedures. Specifically reference experiences in a consulting capacity where your
responsibilities were similar to those defined under the Requirement/Scope section.
3. Project Team: Provide a list of the project team members that you propose to use on these projects and identify the responsibility of each team member. Provide a brief resume for each person listing specific similar project experience.
4. References: Provide the name, address, and telephone number of at least three (3) references familiar with the quality of work done by your firm on similar projects. scribe the firm’s ability to provide interaction with clients and stakeholders.
5. Hourly Fee Schedule: Provide an Hourly Rate Schedule by filling in the specialty, title and description of the positions that will be required to complete the requirements of the scope of services that the firm is applying for in response to the RFQ. Also include all anticipated reimbursable costs to include direct costs (e.g. travel), and indirect costs (i.e. overhead and general and administrative costs). The County desires this information to determine if the firm’s pricing is competitive as compared to the budget amount, market pricing in the industry, and the pricing of other firms.
6. Other Supporting Data: Include any other information you feel to be relevant to the selection of your firm for this project. The entire Statement of Qualifications should not exceed twenty (20) pages. The cover letter is not included in the twenty pages.
CRITERIA FOR REVIEW OF PROPOSALS
Criteria to be used in screening and ranking of the proposals and selection of the successful firm are as follows:
1. Qualifications of the Firm, Including Firm Personnel: Preference shall be given to those firms and personnel with experience and training in road & bridge planning, design, and construction administration projects similar to those listed in this Request for Proposal.
2. Overall Qualifications of the Project Managers and Project Team: Identify the project managers and those personnel that will be assigned to the project(s). Preference shall be given to project teams with specific experience in similar projects as listed in this Request for Proposal.
3. Experience in Working with GDOT and FHWA Regulations and Procedures: Preference shall be given to project team personnel (especially the project managers) with a demonstrated working relationship with the GDOT and FHWA.
4. Response Capability/Project Understanding: Preference shall be afforded to those firms which in the opinion of the Burke County Board of Commissioners will be able to adequately respond to requests for consultation meetings or project administration requirements and firms that have a detailed understanding of the project requirements as listed in this Request for Proposal.
SELECTION OF THE CONSULTANT
Firms shall have no contact related to this project with Burke County elected or appointed officials, members of the Burke County Board of Commissioners, or County employees during this Request for Proposal process. Any such contact will subject the firm to immediate disqualification for consideration for this project.
All questions regarding this Request for Proposal must be directed in writing or by e-mail to Mr. Merv Waldrop, County Manager, at the address below no later than one week prior to the due date of the Request for Proposal submittal. Questions later than one week prior to submittal of the Request for Proposal will not be considered.
The Burke County Board of Commissioners will review the Statement of Qualifications submitted and select a firm based on the criteria requirement contained in this Request for Proposal.
The successful proposer will be invited by Burke County Board of Commissioners to negotiate and execute a master contract. For each project a detailed scope of work, as negotiated and agreed upon by both parties, shall be included as an attachment to the contract.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL AND CONTACT PERSON
Proposals must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 14, 2023 to:
Name: Merv Waldrop
Address: Burke County
602 Liberty Street
P.O. Box 89
Waynesboro, Georgia 30830
Seven (7) copies of the proposal documents are required.
Request for Propsals
Residential & Convenience Center Solid Waste Collection Services
Burke County (the County) will receive sealed proposals until February 14, 2023, by 2:00 P.M, for the above referenced services which are described in the schedules attached hereto. The County invites service providers to submit proposals responsive to the specific requirements set forth in this request for proposals (RFP).
Anyquestions and/or specifications that may need clarification should be submitted in writing, according to the attached schedule, and submitted to the County’s representative electronically only at firstname.lastname@example.org. It shall be the Service Provider’s responsibility to seek clarificationas early as possible prior to the opening of Proposals.
The envelopes containing the Proposal (one copy only) must be sealed and addressed to: Merv Waldrop, County Manager, P.O. Box 89, Waynesboro, Georgia 30830.Theenvelopshallbe plainly marked “Residential and Convenience Center Solid Waste Collection Service.”The envelope must bear on the outside the name of the Service Provider, the Service Provider’s address and the number assigned to this RFP. No proposal may be withdrawn or modified in any way after the deadline for proposal openings.
Proposals must be valid for ninety (90) days following the opening date.
The Service Providers’ response shall include the fee schedule withallother information requested in this Request for Proposal (RFP).
The County may request additional information by suppliers, including a presentation if needed, to clarify elements of their bid proposals.The County also reserves the right to make independent investigations as to the qualification of each Bidder, including contacting existing customers or site visits to existing operations.
The County anticipates making a single award; however, it reserves the right to accept or reject any proposals based on what it deems is in the best interest of the County. Such an award, if any, is projected to be accomplished within 30 days from the proposal due date.
The County reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, waive technicalities and make the award in the best interest of the County.