To serve the citizens of Burke County, the public, and the justice system, by conducting death investigations in accordance with the law, professional standards and ethics.
- Investigate all deaths that occur in Burke County as required by law
- Take possession of all unclaimed bodies in Burke County
- Arrange for disposition of unclaimed bodies
- Prepare and plan for mass fatality incidents
- Systematically examine the circumstances surrounding the deaths in a geographical and/or a given age group.
P.O. Box 89
Waynesboro, Ga. 30830